Skip to main content

Mental Health

What we do

The Mental Health Service provides a range of primary, community and inpatient services for adults and older adults across the three local authorities of Bridgend County Borough, Rhondda Cynon Taf  and Merthyr Tydfil areas.

Who is it for?

Adult Mental Health support is provided for those over the age of 18 years in the following specialities. Information for those under the age of 18 can be found on the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service pages.

Advice and Services

Get help without talking to your GP

Contact NHS 111 (press 2)

You can call NHS 111 and select option 2 if you or someone you know needs urgent mental health and wellbeing support and advice, but it's not life threatening.

Mental Health 111 (press 2) is free to call, from a mobile (even when the caller has no credit left) or from a landline.

You will be supported by a team of fully trained Mental Health Clinicians and Wellbeing Practitioners. 

The service is currently available seven days a week between 8:30am and midnight. 

In life threatening situations, the advice is always to call 999 or attend the nearest Emergency Department.

Other Support

There are also other mental health services that you can use without contacting your GP surgery first. For example, you may be able to access SilverCloud, a free online Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) self-help service designed to support your mental health and wellbeing. 

Please use the Self-Help Resources link below for more information on services to help with your mental wellbeing.

Talk to your GP

You’ll need to contact your GP surgery to access some mental health services. You will be directed to a member of the surgery team who will be able to talk to you about your mental health and help introduce you to the right mental health service for your needs. 

This may be a Mental Health Practitioner or a GP who will provide advice and self-help, social prescribing, or onward referral to more specialist support from mental health services (third sector, community or inpatient services). 



Follow us: