The purpose of Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board’s Mental Health Act Monitoring Committee is to ensure that all the requirements of the Mental Health Act 1983 (as amended) are met by our Health Board.
The Committee shall consider:
- How the delegated functions under the Mental Health Act are being exercised (for example using the Annual Audit) and in line with the ‘Code of Practice’ requirements.
- The multi-agency training requirements of those exercising the functions (including discussing the training report for assurance).
- The operation of the 1983 Act within the Cwm Taf area.
- Issues arising from the operation of the hospital managers’ power of discharge.
- A suitable mechanism for reviewing multi agency protocols/policies relating to the 1983 Act.
- Trends and patterns of use of the Mental Health Act 1983.
- Cross-agency audit themes and sponsor appropriate cross-agency audits.
- Lessons learnt from difficulties in practice and the development of areas of good practice.
The Committee will also develop an annual report for presentation to our Health Board.
Maria Thomas, Vice Chair of the Health Board
Committee Independent Members:
Gareth Robinson, Chief Operating Officer (Interim)
Julie Denley, Director of Primary, Community & Mental Health
Kathrine Davies can be contacted via Kathrine.Davies2@wales.nhs.uk or 01443 744800.
The full role of the Committee is detailed in the Terms of Reference.
Meetings of the Mental Health Monitoring Act Committee will be held on the following dates and papers can be accessed via the links below when available: