Cwm Taf Morgannwg UHB is currently looking for expressions of interest from people living in Rhondda Cynon Taf to join its Partnership Panel.
The Panel is designed create opportunities for members of the Health Board and local community to come together to look at models of care for emergency, minor injury and illness services in RCT and to help reduce over-reliance on the emergency department at Royal Glamorgan Hospital.
The Panel, which was set up in late 2020, has met several times and we are keen to hear from more members of the community about how we can work in partnership to look at these issues and how 2 people can be encouraged to take personal responsibility in the way they use emergency services.
Panel members will be asked to share information from the community, including:
· Highlighting any local issues about the way they currently use emergency and minor injury and illness services and the reasons for this;
· Sharing suggestions and experiences to identify what actions could be taken to improve access, quality and experience of these services;
· Ideas on how to support the delivery of behavioural change around the use of emergency services to reduce inappropriate attendances.
Panel members should:
· Reside in the RCT area;
· Have an interest in developing an understanding of emergency and minor injuries and illness services and how they could be improved;
• Have an ability (time and technology) to regularly attend online and face to face meetings (meetings are currently held online but we hope to be able to hold face to face meetings at some point in the future);
· Respect and maintain confidentiality when privy to any discussions, verbal or written, concerning patients and services and where specifically requested to.
The Panel currently meets every three months and meetings last approximately 1.5 hours. We would welcome any expressions of interest to be part of the Panel. If you would like to find out more or join as a member, please email CTM.CommsAndEngTeam@wales.nhs.uk
Please note, at present membership of the Partnership Panel is for residents in RCT. If you are a resident or representative outside of RCT but are interested in getting involved with the Health Board, do let us know and we would be happy to provide information on alternative opportunities.