The Wellbeing Service are excited to offer Mental Health Awareness training for Managers, to help managers support employees within Cwm Taf Morgannwg Health Board. The Mental Health Awareness for Managers session will give managers an understanding of:
- What mental health is?
- Common difficulties such as anxiety and depression, and how they might affect us?
- The impact of mental health problems in the workplace
- How to promote a culture of positive emotional wellbeing within your teams
- How to support staff who are struggling with their emotional wellbeing
We would require people to part-take in training that will last one day, and managers will be given further details of other sources of wellbeing support available to staff in Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board. Please note that due to the sensitive topics discussed within training, it is recommended that participants have an appropriate level of wellbeing before attending.
Whilst sharing experiences can benefit the training experience, participants must be aware that Mental Health Awareness for Managers is designed to help managers support staff who may be experiencing difficulty and is not intended as a therapy session for the participant. This is for the comfort of all participants.
We’ve had several feedback forms returned from managers who’ve attended the MFA Course.
- “Well structured session with knowledgeable trainers. I learnt some useful strategies around how to support people with wellbeing concerns.”
- “Very informative and provided excellent guidance on how to manage your own and others mental health.”
- “I took a lot away from the course to reflect on my management style and behaviours. I appreciate the tremendous effort of everyone involved in creating offering this knowledge.”
- “I have really enjoyed this course and feel I have learnt how to effectively support my team and myself. I also feel reassured that I'm not expected to have all the answers and the support is readily available I just need to be perceptive and comfortable in having difficult conversations and signpost for help.”
Managers can express and register an interest in attending a session by emailing CTM.MHFAStaffWB@wales.nhs.uk